Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Story of college graduate girls resorting to street peddling in Iran

The state-run Tabnak website wrote a piece about street vendors in Iran:
Prior to this it was imagined that street vendors are resorting to such measures due to economic problems or unemployment issues. Currently, a large number of women are seen doing street peddling in the metros and they are citing financial issues, family problems and a shortage in supplies.
A number of these women are actually college graduates and they have resorted to running street shops despite all its problems.
“I have two children and I am Ok with selling goods in the metros. But unfortunately, some people don’t have the maturity to see us in such conditions,” said Leila, 45, with a bachelor’s degree incomputer science.
“I am in poor financial conditions and my earnings do not live up to provide for myself and my husband. I couldn’t find a job after graduating from college and this forced me to start street Peddling,” said Maryam, 27, a graduate in agriculture.

No comments:

Post a Comment